About Capita | Capita Lending Services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Capita Lending Services are part of Private Sector Partnerships a division of Capita plc, Lending Services collectively provides a comprehensive set of end to end capabilities and services across the debt management lifecycle encompassing mortgage origination, secured and unsecured servicing, arrears, debt collection, credit analytics & insight and enforcement & litigation. In addition to this we also have a significant and highly successful remediation services capability assisting many of the UK's leading companies in their financial redress initiatives.
To plan organise and manage the supply of the provision of training and development activities which support role competence, regulatory compliance and developmental growth within assigned business areas. You will develop and lead a training team ensuring they have the required capability to deliver relevant learning interventions to assigned business areas. You will conduct trainer observations and provide construction feedback whilst coaching team members relating to their L&D development areas. In collaboration with assigned business areas, you will translate business requirements into training needs, plans and priorities; ensuring trainer capability is aligned with business need. You will oversee the management of business training initiatives, working closely with stakeholders to agree and assign resource, manage progress and ensure seamless execution of training plans to agreed standards, quality and quantity.
What you will do:
- Lead a climate of best practice, utilising networks and external benchmarks to introduce new approaches to design and delivery, consistently centred on customer and colleague experience.
- Manage a team of Trainers delivering solutions to the business in a compliant manner
- Participate fully in defining targets, standards and service levels to ensure they meet the needs both of the business and the customer
- Provide support as required to other teams and team managers to facilitate the effective delivery of operational activities and the swift resolution of problems and issues.
- Focus on delivering positive customer outcomes and managing risk associated with training
- Consider TCF in all aspects of training activities
- Manage risks and opportunities in relation to OCF, identify and escalate gaps in controls, or serious breaches in line with departmental standards
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate Trainers to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities and to ensure the creation and maintenance of an effective working climate and a continuous improvement ethos focussed on delivering to customer needs.
- Oversee compliant and robust processes through actively managing internal processes and procedures
- Review process and output documentation to meet all business and regulatory requirements, and pass to appropriate personnel when changes are required.
- Support all transformational changes
- Lead the rapid identification, analysis and resolution of operational problems to ensure the minimum interruption to the team's work, and present conclusions and recommendations for improvements to more senior staff.
- Participate in, or lead as appropriate, projects, ensuring responsibilities as part of the project team are delivered to plan.
- Participate in the development, and maintenance of procedures, systems and processes to support the effective delivery of operational activities, and manage the effective implementation of any changes and developments into the work of the team.
Your experience will include:
- A relevant CIPD qualification
- Experience within Learning and Development
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- A thorough understanding of the training cycle including learning needs analysis and design
- Good analytical and conceptual thinking and ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience in working with external suppliers
- Stakeholder management at a senior level
- The ability to influence colleagues cross functionally with no reporting lines
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.