Test Engineer - Derby Area £32,000 - £45,000 + Package
A fantastic opportunity up for grabs for an experienced Test Engineer !!
The Senior Test Engineer will focus on testing/evaluating new and existing products for this business and provide support to the Technical Dept. and Product Buyers. You must have several years experience in a similar role in order to meet the expectations of the business and its customers. This will include a broad knowledge of electrical and mechanical workshop equipment such as power tools, wood and metal working equipment, welders, air compressors, generators etc. Reporting to the Quality Manager you will work closely with other sites within the business.
The role would be ideally suited to a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with a good knowledge of CE marking directives (including LVD and the machinery directive) plus experience of working to BS EN standards would also be an advantage.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Evaluating proposed new products for introduction.
- Testing the safety, design, performance and compliance of new products.
- Recommending any modifications / design changes on these new products
• Compiling reports / findings on all tests conducted. Updating product test log and Technical files.
- Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all quality / test needs and requirements are met swiftly and efficiently.
Competencies / Attributes:
- Mechanical/electrical understanding of associated product/equipment.
- Knowledge of product directives, standards and safety legislation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of compiling reports / findings on tests conducted. Updating product test log and Technical files.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems.