Busniness Development Assistant
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Development Assistant for our engineering client based in Walsall.Key Purpose
To become a valued member of the sales team through learning the sales processes, gaining technical and market knowledge.Scope
Provide sales support to the BD Manager Blue light and across other areas of the sales department.
You would be working as part of the BD team to deliver sales to a forecasted budget.
The role would include a level of technical competence in vehicle engineering and vehicle bodybuilding. Experience would be useful but training would be given if required. The job will require the ability to handle customers and translate their requirements into a defined specification. Work with the engineering and production team to provide a sales costing and production sequencing. .Main Tasks
- Grow, retain and enhance existing accounts
- Regularly update company pipeline
- Help develop accurate quotations on the NAV system
- Identify and develop new clients and convert into increased business
- Creating detailed quotations which may be part of a bidding process
- Capturing customer's requirements and developing them into finished product
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with the customer
- Work with technical and production departments to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Representing B.V.E.at trade shows and exhibitions
- Creating and presenting sales pitches
- Gather market and customer information
- Work within a small team
- Be able to project manage
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have good communication skills
- Have relevant sales experience
- To liaise with all Company departments that interface with the contract and the contract customer.
- Security Clearance
- To maintain the appropriate security clearance to allow work on the contract.