Quantity Surveyor - Decent Homes/Planned Maintenance
Quantity Surveyor - Planned Maintenance/Decent Homes
Up to £45,000 + Car + Fuel Card + Bonus + Holidays (DOE)
One of the country's leading Social Housing - Decent Homes contractors specialising in Social Housing and Decent Homes projects; Kitchens and bathrooms refurb, external decorations, roofing, heating, rewiring etc, offers an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work in Birmingham.
As quantity surveyor working for a leading contractor you will be site based and actively involved for managing all costs from the initial calculations to the final accounts. Working in partnership with the client you will be required to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk and value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analysing costing for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
On offer for the successful Quantity Surveyor is salary up to £42,000 (dependent on experience) as well as the option of a car or car allowance, benefits. The company also offers all Quantity Surveyor a structured route for progression paired with further training and development throughout your career
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.