Payroll Officer required.
Macildowie are delighted to be working in partnership with a fantastic SME business based near Pride Park in Derby. They are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to join their business on Full Time basis.
The Payroll Officer plays an integral role within the team having full responsibility for the Payroll function
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for the end to end payroll process. This includes weekly and monthly payroll runs.
Your Responsibilities will include.
- Process monthly payroll on the payroll system to set deadlines, including Additions, Deductions, Pension auto enrolment, PAYE, Reports, Payslips, P45's, P46s etc.
- Take responsibility for prompt payroll related correspondence with employees and managers, both verbally and in writing, liaising with HR as necessary and providing copies of letters for personnel files.
- Ensure the correct calculation and processing of statutory payments such as SSP, SMP, SPP and all other statutory payments that may arise.
- Conduct monitoring to ensure compliance with National Minimum Wage regulations, reporting to the HR department as necessary.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure accuracy of payroll information, following up and resolving queries.
- Carry out checks and controls with HR data and Payroll system to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Monthly reconciliation of payroll control accounts and HMRC payments, resolving problems as required.
- To process year end tax returns for payroll (P60's, P11d's and Class 1A National Insurance).
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
This is a high volume fast paced role so you will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role. You will also have advanced Excel skills and be competent with v-lookups, pivot tables and Macro's
NB: As a result of the volume of applications we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within five working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.