I am currently recruiting on behalf of my prestigious client based in Rugby for a skilled sewing machinist to carry out alterations and repairs on a variety of garments.
You do not need to be qualified in textiles but you must have a passion and keen eye for working with a variety of fabrics. Full training will be provided by the client and you will be given the opportunity to obtain an NVQ in textiles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out alterations and repairs to customer's items against agreed time scales
- keep accurate records of all work undertaken and provide the required information to the manager on a weekly basis
- Provide professional advice to customers and colleagues regarding suitability of alteration's and repairs as required
- Keep the working area clean and tidy in order to protect a professional and welcoming image to our customers
- Ensure that all alteration and repair equipment is kept clean, maintained and in good working order
- Ensure adequate supplies of alteration and repair materials are maintained and ordered in line with company procedures
- undertake training in other areas of branch operation in order to offer support to other colleagues when required
- take responsibility for the day to day requirements within the alteration and repair business
- project a professional image at all times
Monday - Friday 8.00am-5.00pm
Pay rate: £7.50-£8.30/ hour
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to: or call Claire .