As the Commercial Accountant you will be responsible for assisting the delivery of the company's annual budgets, providing ongoing variance analysis and monthly forecasts and ad hoc special analysis projects.
Specifically, this person will provide analysis and reporting to support key decision making such as capital expenditure analysis, new business opportunities as well as other projects requested by senior management.
A fast growing FTSE organisation based in Birmingham. This business has gone from strength to strength and has a number of exciting projects and changes happening. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to be an integral part of commercial finance and be a key player in the decisions a business makes.
This commercial accountant will be responsible for the following:
Driving the budgeting and forecasting in a highly complex, asset intensive environment - including supporting the redesign of existing budget and reporting model
- Supporting the Strategic Planning process
- Supporting and driving a robust and value- added budgeting and strategic planning process
- Delivering insightful analysis to the wider business including competitor analysis, capital expenditure and guiding the organisation towards the best commercial strategy.
- Supporting the wider business in delivering the companies business plan
- Performing analysis of business units to provide appropriate challenge and guidance to business unit heads on revenue growth targets
- Supporting and taking ownership of the continued development and improvement of budgeting, financial forecasting and long term planning processes
The Commercial Accountant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Accountant
- 'Can do attitude'
- Strong commercial awareness
- First class communication skills and proven ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- Good analysis skills
£40,000 - £55,000