We are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant for Warwick Manufacturing Group. The role will involve processing purchases, sales, payroll, expenses and travel bookings for the department in a timely manner and within University and WMG guidelines. Advising on financial procedures to all staff to ensure an effective and efficient operation within the WMG Finance Office.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To raise purchase order documentation from requisitions received from budget holders and to prioritise orders within the University SAP system ensuring that integrity of financial coding is maintained.
2. To process payments within strict deadlines for the VAM (External Monthly Payroll) and supplementary salary (Staff) payrolls on a monthly basis using specialised spreadsheets.
3. To raise sales orders and invoices accurately in SAP.
4. To provide advice and guidance to staff on travel expense claims and to make travel bookings.
Skills and experience
• Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent to include Maths & English
• Experience of working in a finance environment in a finance assistant/account assistant role
• Familiarity with the purchasing / procurement business process and financial controls
• Good organisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Strong IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes, particularly EXCEL, and including familiarity with a finance accounting package (SAP preferable)
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail