Information Security Manager - Perm, Up to £45k, DPA, GDPR
This Info Security Manager role will require you to comply with all relevant Information Security legislation and act as the single point of contact who is responsible for Information Security.
The purpose of this role is to support the organisation and its associated group of companies to achieve the relevant standards of information security by understanding the risks to the company. The post holder has responsibility for the commitment to preserving confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information assets, both electronic and physical.
The post-holder will need to understand the importance of Data/Information Security management including external drivers and standards such as ISO 27001. The post-holder will be responsible for keeping all parties informed on these issues and advising them of the best approach and opportunities
The post holder will be required to represent the company on user groups, panels and other meetings and so the ideal candidate may not have come from a technical background but may have come from a business analyst background, or a compliance/regulation/legalistic background.
In adition to a clean Criminal Records Check, you will be required to obtain a clean Couter Terrorism Checks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the implementation of an Information Security Strategy and ensure that the Strategy is understood and adopted across the organisation.
- To review, define, or create and implement information security policies and procedures that affect all departments its partner organisations and third-party suppliers.
- To act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Security matters
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Information Security legislation including, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 2018, Data Privacy Act, Computer Misuse Act, etc, by acting as the single point of contact
- To undertake and/or facilitate any training activity to ensure the organisation's policies and procedures are understood, and to ensure an understanding of information security exists across all areas of the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity with excellent career progression opportunities and to work on GDPR focused projects.
Apply now with your latest CV!
Premier are acting as an employment agency