Site/ Process Chemist
We are looking for an experienced Site /Process Chemist to join our operations department. The right candidate should have a HND or higher in Chemistry (or related subject) and ideally some experience of working with hazardous/ non-hazardous waste streams.
Red Industries has been a leading innovator in the UK waste industry for the last ten years. The company is driven by a commitment to support all colleagues with the tools and authority they need to achieve their goals. Working within a fast paced, challenging environment, your valued contributions will support Red Industries in their endeavour to achieve the position as the UK's premier environmental service provider.
Site Chemist Duties
We are looking for a chemist with experience of working with hazardous and non-hazardous waste or other process chemicals. Your duties will be to receive, conformance check, label and complete associated paperwork within scope of the acceptance, storage and dispatch of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
- Sampling and checking of containerised waste (drum reception)
- Checking and completion of incoming and outgoing waste paperwork
- Preparation of waste labels for incoming and outgoing wastes
- Compatibility testing and batching of waste materials for processing
- Supervising bulking and blending operations
Essential Requirements/ Skills
HND or higher in Chemistry or related subject. You will ideally have experience of working in a similar role within the waste, chemical or manufacturing industry.
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Counter-balance FLT licence would be preferable
- Health and safety training (e.g. IOSH) would be advantageous
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Be comfortable working within a team aas well as on your own initiative
- Ability to work logically and make reasoned decisions
- Computer literate
- Position: Site/ Process Chemist
- Location:Burslem, Stoke-On-Trent
- Salary: up to GBP30,000 per annum dependent on experience (made up of salary and shift allowance)
- Additional Payments: Overtime, Workplace pension scheme
- Working Hours: Shift rotation system (6am to 3pm and 1pm to 10pm, with occasional night shifts as required). The successful candidate needs to be flexible as some weekends may be required.
- Working Area: Outdoors in all weather
- Holiday Allocation: 20 days plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days based on length of service
This is a great opportunity to join our waste management team as we continue to grow. You can grow and develop your career with us - apply now!