Shift Manager - Starbucks
Service Leaders. Made at Welcome Break
We are now recruiting Shift Managers (internally we call this Service Leaders) to join our Starbucks team at Warwick Services
Here at Welcome Break we're all about people and the fantastic service they provide. Every day, in 33 locations across the UK, thousands of people pull in to Welcome Break for a rest from the road. Our teams who deliver the Welcome Break experience work tirelessly to make sure it's a special one for everyone who visits and we're introducing the role of the Service Leader to lead and inspire the team to do just that every shift.
About the Role
The role of the Service Leader is to optimise business performance through the effective management of every shift by leading, developing and inspiring our teams to offer 'Famous Five Service', so that they are fanatical about delivering quality service and standards. They will not afraid to challenge where necessary to make sure the team are as fanatical about customer service as they are. As a Service Leader you'd be the person that others look to for advice and guidance on shift.
The main tasks of the role are split into 4 key areas
1. Effective shift management of the team
- Motivate and lead the Team to deliver customer service to agreed WB standards, offering all customers a Warm Welcome and a Fond Farewell.
- Ensure all Team on shift sell additional products in a natural way by Suggestive selling appropriate products to every customer.
- Lead the shift to ensure the everyone can consistently provide excellent product knowledge and that they provide each customer with a Perfect Product every time.
- Ensures that the Team achieve the required standards for business dress consistently.
- Leads so that Team complete set responsibilities in a timely manner, meet brand standard service times, providing Speedy Service.
- To ensure that the Team maintain standards of cleanliness and comply with Company and unit policies and procedures
2. Effective Communication
- Regular liaison with the UBM and Assistant Manager reference shift and team performance and opportunities.
- Communication to the team every shift (1:1, group, verbal and on Jam)
3. Training and Development
- Development of the team and personal development (on job and LMS)
- Team performance, training, coaching and development during the shift
- Management of poor performance using informal processes.
- Escalation of Poor performance issues that require formal intervention to the Assistant Manager and UBM
4. Finance and security
- Effective compliance with operational / finance procedures and controls whilst on shift.
- Security of Company assets on shift
- Contribution of ideas and suggestions to improve customer service and profitability within the unit.
To apply for the Service Leader role you will have experience of the following:
- Operational experience - supervision of a team
- Supervision of a shift of up to 10 team members
- Communication to a wide range of people
- Influencing skills
You will have had experience of supervising teams in a service focused multi-unit branded and fast paced business, ideally in a retail or catering environment. Once you've been appointed we will then give you all the brand and skills training you need to so that you really know your stuff.
Benefits - The role comes with the following benefits:
- 30 paid holiday days to start which increase at service increments
- Contributory pension after 3 months
- Free car parking
- Free meal allowance on shift, plus free soft drinks / coffee and tea on shift
- Discounts on food and retail across Welcome Break sites for you and your family when you travel - between 15% -70%
- Our own discount scheme, mywelcomebreak, offering exclusive savings on shopping and services at high street stores and online
- Hotel stays for employees with 50% off room rate and 30% off for your family and friends
- Between GBP100 - GBP750 bonus if you suggest someone who we recruit
- Company sick pay (up to 14 weeks)
- Peer to peer recognition schemes
- Uniform provided for many roles
- On boarding programme
- Structured career path and training for your personal and professional development
This is a full time permenant contract of 40 hours over 5 shifts per week (accross a 7 day operation). Due to the shift patterns applicants muct be aged 18 or over. Salary is up to 20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits