Class 1 HGV Driver - Low loader
To deliver and collect equipment to and from customer sites in an effective, safe manner and to ensure customer satisfaction by prompt and courteous service.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the condition and ensure roadworthiness of the vehicle while driving, complete daily walk round checks and report defects. Under no circumstances operate any vehicle that is not fully roadworthy.
- Ensure all driving activities are compliant with latest regulatory requirements including, but not restricted to, The Road Traffic Act, Highway Code and local driving restrictions
- To operate within scope of the EU Driving Rules complying with daily driving, break, rest requirements and weekly / fortnightly driving limits/rest requirements
- To comply with the rules on working time as specified in the "Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations"
- Ensure loads are safely secured, within maximum permissible weight for the vehicle and without exceeding maximum permissible axle weights
- Accurately complete and submit all records and reports on time. To include, but not restricted to, Tachograph Charts, Drivers Hours Records, Delivery and Collection Sheets, Accident and Near Miss Reports.
- Comply with Customer "Local Site Rules"; reporting to the customer's representative on arrival at / leaving site, wherever possible. PPE to be worn where required / appropriate
- Complete delivery and collection records including damage and fuel details, customer to countersign whenever a representative is available.
- To work without supervision, using own initiative to deal with new situations as they arise and to maintain regular contact with depot hire desk representatives.
- To conduct all activities in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures ensuring that the workplace, including vehicle, site and roadside are safe for you to carry out the work required and that you have taken the necessary precautions to ensure your safety and that of others affected by your actions.