Senior Operations Manager - Multi-drop Transport / Haulage
Our STOKE well established clients have been a leading contender in the logistics and Transport industry for the last 60 years. They are an award winning haulage operator offering customers cutting edge solutions to facilitate the efficient distribution of palletised freight across the UK and Europe.
This Distribution company provide a portfolio of services including:
Dedicated Groupage and Full Load Logistics - Own Fleet
Leading Edge Overnight Express Freight/Palletised Delivery Service
Warehousing and Storage Facilities with a Pick and Pack operation - On Site
A large part of their success can be attributed to no other than our highly trained, and skilful employees. Delivering a quality service requires initiative, self-discipline, and most importantly, a great personality.
Due to continued business growth and business restructure they now require a new key player to join the senior management team in the capacity of Operations Manager. Due to the business plans they are looking for this role to develop into Operations Director for the right person. They require a skilled individual who is able to harness modern technology, implement industry best practises whilst inspiring and leading a well-established operations department, consisting of ten operators and planners.
As the Operations Manager for their business, you will ideally have a degree in a relevant subject with previous experience in similar roles. They require an individual who has extensive experience of providing outstanding leadership across all facets of the Distribution and Transport Operation.
Due to the existing operation it is essential the new operations manager has a hands on approach to the department. They are looking for someone with a proven track record of working on the front line, transport planning in a similar business and thoroughly understands a general haulage operation and has progressed through various roles to the senior position they are looking for today. You will be required to facilitate business growth whilst ensuring maximum productivity in all Operational areas of this Distribution business.
The successful applicant will enjoy a great starting salary including company car and a progressive career with excellent financial rewards.
* Overall responsibility for all operational aspects of the business
* Manage client and stakeholder relationships effectively, tactfully and commercially
* Forecast business and industry changes and react where required whilst implementing correct course of actions
* Coaching, developing and leading the operational team to provide exceptional service to our customers
* Reviewing business performance and ensuring delivery of key financial targets
* Developing existing business to further improve margins throughout
* Development of the existing teams including talent mapping, motivating and personal development
* Provide cover in exceptional circumstances in the operations department
* Identify and develop new initiatives to provide enhanced profitability and commercial improvements across the business
* Create a culture of continuous improvement throughout the management team and employees
* Further improve and develop the ISO Systems throughout the business
* Undertaking review of staffing levels and initiating the recruitment and performance management process
* Provide Daily, Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports to the Managing Director and Senior Management team where required
* Drive business change to enhance and develop our infrastructure
* Have the ability to keep up with a changing load plan and make quick decisions as and when changes are required
* Excellent IT Skills
* Excellent decision making skills, a high level of initiative and able to prioritise problem solve
* An excellent commercial understanding of vehicle costings and resource management
* A good ability to learn new IT Platforms and operate proficiently across various software
* Prior experience in a similar role is essential
* The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
* Works well under pressure and is still able to inspire and lead a team of operators
* Excellent knowledge of the UK and major road networks
* Excellent Telephone Manner of Customer Service Skills
* The ability to work as part of an integral team
* Excellent time keeping, flexibility and attendance is required
* A Leader who embodies our values and consistently strives for excellence
* A creative and commercial thinker capable of delivering financial targets
* Innovative and passionate in the way you develop and deliver values to teams and personal development of staff
* Hold a current National CPC License
If you feel as though you have the drive and ambition to succeed, and would like to join an award winning team whilst working within a fast growing Transport Business please apply today by sending us your CV and cover letter.