Software Development Apprentice
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to accelerate their IT career as a Software Development Apprentice for a Hereford -based organisation. As part of a Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship, youll gain hands-on experience, training towards industry recognised Microsoft, SCRUM, ITIL qualifications all whilst earning a decent salary.
Who youll work for:
The employer has a tight knit collective team who want to bring some order to an increasingly fragmented world; Advertisers, publishers, affiliates, tech providers. It can all get a bit complicated. As a Software Development Apprentice, you will help with their vision to unite the pieces of this particular digital and commercial puzzle to offer a holistic service that generates traffic and insight and monetises that traffic and insight by quickly building products that they know they have customers for.
As a Software Development Apprentice your job includes:
- To write user guidance specification that will describe software requirements and how users interact with software.
- Create detailed documentation including mock-ups and description of the user journey.
- Learn and understand nature and functionality of the code and will be given basic understanding of how to write the code.
- Learn and develop your knowledge of code architecture is and how it works.
- Test framework for user interface test as code test frameworks.
- Create test scenarios and configure testing tools to perform automated testing.
- Automated testing for code units that candidate will have to understand after being instructed to do so.
After you have mastered testing and writing documentation and understand fully the code, you will then be tasked to write code and will be instructed in details which tools should use and how to debug and trace down bugs and errors.
What experience and skills do I need?
As an Software Development Apprentice youll be receiving full training as an integral part of your role, our core focus will be less on your current IT skills and more on your ability to demonstrate a passion and basic knowledge of software development and Microsoft packages. Youll be able communicate effectively and confidently at all levels by; telephone, face-to-face and writing. You will take a methodical and logical approach to problem solving diagnosing and resolution. Youll be an excellent team player with a drive to continuously learn and develop showing flexibility to work in different departments on different projects.
Finally, you will have:
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Ideally, you will have either a minimum of two A levels (or equivalent) a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification or Level 3 BTEC
Your Accelerated training programme:
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning IT training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your 16 month programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve certifications with partners like, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. You'll also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects:
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 16 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will may be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.