Junior Financial Accountant
Are you looking to take the next step in your career in finance?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Financial Accountant to join our Coventry office. To support your learning and development PCMS will support you with sponsorship for your CIMA/ACCA qualifications.
About the role
Working in a supportive environment, this role will give you the opportunity to learn all areas of the accountancy processes for a large multinational corporation in
You will be responsible for the timely reporting of key financial data and key performance indicators to the Senior Management Team. You will also feed into the monthly reporting and provide key insights, analysis and commentary into our accounting records.
Your duties will also include;
- Bank transaction preparation and postings to sales, purchase and general ledger.
- Managing supplier queries noting details for senior staff as necessary.
- Responding to customer queries noting details and escalating to senior staff, where appropriate.
- Reviewing sales invoice requests and preparing invoices.
- Managing supplier invoices and reconciling them to the purchase order requisitions and receipt records.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in working in a finance/ accounts team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience of accountancy systems and software
- Desire to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and tenacious in your approach
- Able to engage with your client
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ideally you will be fully or part AAT qualified (or equivalent)
PCMS Group is one of the world's leading providers of integrated software, services and hardware systems to the retail and food service sectors. Our expertise, infrastructure and experience also enables retailers and distributors across the supply chain, together with a wide range variety of other industries including manufacturing, financial and healthcare, to fully outsource their business IT capabilities.
Included in PCMS's global client list are UK signature names such as Jack Wills, Arcadia (inc Topshop, Topman, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Outfit, Burtons, Wallis and Miss Selfridge), Ann Summers, John Lewis, Krispy Kreme, Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, Waterstones and Whole Foods. US clients include Lego, Bass Pro Shops, Best Buy Mobile and Walgreens. PCMS also works with David Jones in Australia, Pick n Pay in South Africa and many leading fashion brands including Prada and Ferragamo in Europe.