Every year our teams deliver up to 150 million items through our network. Having the largest individual share of the national market and employing over 9,000 people in the UK there is no better time to join TNT.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and detail conscious individual to join our Facilities Management team in Atherstone Head Office as a Facilities Assistant.
Our Facilities Management department provides an effective and cost effective Facilities Management service to our TNT locations. The team requires a highly organised and motivated individual to join them as a Facilities Assistant to provide high quality administrative support and assistance to this busy department.
This is a full time position 39 hrs per week.
08.30-17.30 (09.30-17.30 Tues).
As a Facilities Assistant you will assist in the day to day running of the Facilities Department supporting the Facilities Manager. You will co-ordinate and maintain the services to the buildings ensuring good housekeeping is operated in accordance with policies and procedures. Key accountabilities for the Facilities Assistant include:
- Ensuring all correspondence and documentation is recorded and dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensuring all personnel documentation is processed accurately and within timeframes
- Accurate and timely updating of departmental Training System
- Monitoring of housekeeping procedures ensuring high standards of hygiene and safety
- Co-ordinating of contractors to facilitate repairs as instructed or as per agreed maintenance contracts or reported on the internal Fault Management System
- Monitoring of selected contractors performance on site, ensuring work completed to an acceptable standard
- Demonstration of the AV equipment within meeting rooms, fault finding where necessary
- Raising of purchase orders via the computerised system, issuing of security passes and auditing the access control system as required
- Co-ordinating personnel moves within the building and recording changes to records ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Undertake Fire Warden duties ensuring employees are safely evacuated in line with fire procedures
- Maintain and comply with Health Safety and Environmental Standards as detailed at induction training or by your Line Manager
- Retrieve current contractor information and populate contract call out document annually and issue to each location
- Undertake project work as required
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained on all issues
The successful candidate will be proactive in their approach, flexible, detail conscious and have confident communication skills at all levels. Previous experience in a similar facilities or administrative role would be considered advantageous.
Due to the nature of the department there may be occasions when you will be required to work outside of standard business hours.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we'll give you all the rewards and recognition you deserve. You will be working in a fast-moving, exciting environment and will enjoy every opportunity to drive both our business, and your personal development forward. With over 50 sites in the UK, we offer excellent long term career prospects.