Accounts Payable Manager
T2M Resourcing are recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager to join a highly successful, forward thinking, global organisation. As Accounts Payable Manager you will work within a 'world class’ finance team and will play an important role in the implementation of process improvements to achieve "best practice." As an experienced Accounts Payable manager you will have extensive systems experience with either IBM Tivoli, Maximo or FSI Concept and be able to successfully lead your team to ensure the Accounts Payable function runs smoothly with a strong emphasis on building and maintaining, both internal and external client relationships ensuring service standards are of the highest level. Our client offers a competitive salary plus Benefits Package and the opportunity for career progression.
What will you do as Accounts Payable Manager?
- Actively drive Accounts Payable process improvements to achieve best practice.
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable plans and goals are consistent with established Finance Operations Centre goals.
- Provide information and recommendations to the Head of Transaction Services to develop and implement new services/policies/procedures for Accounts Payable.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, as well as HMRC inspectors.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, both internal and external, and key business representatives.
- To ensure outsource support is provided to business, in line with agreed service levels and any checklists are reviewed and actioned in a timely manner and that queries are logged, prioritised and resolved or escalated promptly.
- Mentor and coach to ensure continued professional development of team while achieving departmental metrics.
- Provide a core service of accurate and efficient processing in Accounts Payable.
- Actively involve on open position interviews and candidate selections. Responsible for payroll management and monitoring staffing schedules to ensure adequate department coverage.
- Ensure timely completion of reports and other documentation.
- Maintain all required documentation in compliance with legal requirements.
- Performance Review process - regularly reviewing performance with team leaders, ensuring staff are working towards meeting objectives and delivering high quality outputs.
What qualities and skills are we looking for you to be successful in this role?
- You will have worked within a large Accounts Payable department in a supervisory or managerial role and have a good understanding of corporate structure.
- Previous systems experience in one or more of the following: IBM Tivoli, Maximo or FSI Concept.
- Previous project management experience
- Good educational background and ideally AAT qualified
- Highly computer literate, with previous experience of MS Dynamics, Open Accounts, SAP or JD Edwards. MS Office Products - Advanced (Vlookup / Pivot) - Essential
- Senior management presentation skills
- Readsoft OCR Solution
- Confident, articulate and passionate about personal and team development
- Thrive in a 'continuous improvement’ environment with a 'get it right first time’ approach
So what’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary plus Benefits Package and the opportunity for career progression.
- A vibrant and fun working environment where hard work and achievement are recognised
- Great opportunities for personal career development and future promotion prospects
- High quality offices with good local facilities and free parking
Based near Birmingham this position is commutable from Birmingham, Dudley, Black Country, Halesowen, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove, Walsall, West Bromwich, parts of Staffordshire, Solihull.
If you are an experienced Accounts Payable Manager or an Accounts Payable Supervisor/Team Leader looking for the next step up in your career, then please apply immediately.