Networks Infrastructure Analyst - FTC
Network Analyst - Infrastructure Support - Fixed Term - 9 Months - 2nd Line
£30,000 to £40,000 + Bonus, Pension, Health, Retail Vouchers, Child Care Vouchers
Birmingham, City Centre, West Midlands
2nd Line Support of Cisco Networks, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, IPSEC, VPN, SSL, Patching, Security, Detection, Vendor Relationships, SLA's, KPI's, Continuous Improvement, Service Performance & Resilience
- Are you an IT Networks professional who thrives on the challenge of maintaining and supporting to a high-level a UK wide infrastructure?
- Are you motivated by business critical projects that evolve around large Network and Hosting Infrastructures and Transformations involving SD-WAN and Cloud technology?
- Can you maintain a network infrastructure that drives value for money and avoid lengthy outages due to obsolescence and/or out of support situations?
- Can you affiliate as required with recognised industry bodies to ensure continued industry knowledge?
- Can you support Vendor Managers to ensure that supplier reviews and audits are executed appropriately?
If you match this criteria one of the UK's leading Retail organisations who generated £3BN turnover in 2016 with over 2000 outlets across the UK are looking for you!
Your technical scope will include - Proven experience within a Network Analyst role within the IT industry delivering the following:
- Corporate Office and Retail Network connectivity (both LAN and WAN)
- Remote Access Services for internal and external users (SSL & IPSEC VPN's)
- Wi-Fi Infrastructure and Guest Wi-Fi services
- Network Device Patching & Maintenance
- Network Access Security (inc Wi-Fi)
- Network Intrusion Detection/Monitoring & Auditing
- Network Disaster Recovery - Technical
- Network Resilience Management & Testing
- Network Capacity Management, including Bandwidth Management & Forecasting
- Network Change Approval
- Network Compliance Monitoring (inc PCI)
- Firewall Management & Auditing
- Experience of driving vendors to deliver against agreed SLA's
- Influential thinker and communicator with peers, customers and vendors
- Unflappable demeanour during major system outages
- Approachable style with a passion for continuously improving systems
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships with strategic vendors.
- ITIL Foundation V3
- CCNA and /or CCNP