Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Clerk
Our successful client has an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller / Sales Ledger Clerk to join them on a permanent basis working 30 hours per week.
The company is a specialist within the Health & Safety field, supporting businesses with advice to ensure they remain compliant with all new legislation. They offer excellent training and a great working environment. This new role is available due to the expansion of their diverse and stable team.
The purpose of the Credit Controller/Sales Ledger Clerk role will be to support the Accounts Manager in credit control and administration functions.
Duties will include:
- Monitor account applications for credit to ensure they are received prior to commencement of works
- Checking and assessing customer's credit situation and deciding whether to offer credit
- Set up new customers accounts
- Negotiating payment terms where required
- Dealing with internal queries regarding invoices
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Prepare and send sales invoices
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Company
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
- Call to ensure customers have received invoices and they are logged on their system
- Send out monthly client statements
- Start legal action to collect the money owed (if necessary)
- Previous credit control and sales ledger experience
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with a high standard of personal performance
- A high understanding and application of Excel
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads through effective time management
- Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Ability to update and maintain client data in a timely and accurate manner