Loss Prevention Manager - Hubs
All About Us
Award winning Hermes is the largest UK courier delivery service and we handled over 270 million parcels last year. We employ over 2,500 people, have over 10,000 self-employed couriers and deliver parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us:
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
The purpose of this role is through collaborative partnerships, proactively influence a loss preventative and risk management approach within the network and field, thereby reducing loss, damage & claims originating from both internal & external sources. Further to ensure the implementation & management of strategic initiatives, intelligence based operations and cross functional team working.
This role will be covering our Hubs (Rugby and Warrington).
All About The Role
- To ensure that all approved Security & Loss Preventative procedures are recognized and applied (by self & Network and Field) & that failures to adherence are addressed without delay
- In conjunction with the HOSS, develop and implement action plans to facilitate the success of the Support Services strategy
- In conjunction with senior operational management, to prioritise preventative or reactive activity according to trends, high value incidents or intelligence reports (High Loss Premises)
- In conjunction with senior operational management, to prioritise preventative or reactive activity according to trends, high value incidents or intelligence reports (High Loss Customers)
- To conduct, periodic site auditing throughout the network, ensuring that sites are adequately protected both physically & electronically to prevent so far as is possible unauthorized access or entry
- Where required, to conduct thorough, investigations in to the cause of all high value losses and damage, thereafter to report and influence appropriate change(s) to prevent reoccurrence
- To develop & maintain a culture of security & loss preventative awareness & vigilance for all site management within area of responsibility
- Maintain documentation of all loss prevention activity
- Advise sites on development of loss-investigation procedures
- Collaborate with law enforcement to investigate and prosecute theft or fraud cases
- Visit sites to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Verify correct use and maintenance of security systems and equipment, such as closed-circuit television and burglar alarms
- Analyse data to identify current or emerging trends in theft or fraud
- Advise site managers on compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or standards
- Monitor and review paperwork / MI to prevent error-related issues
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required in the context of the role, or as instructed by the HOSS
All About You
- Possesses influencing skills and is capable of directing people in the pursuit of a common task
- Able to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers
- The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them
- Effectively applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems
- The ability to recognise and manage own and others' emotions, to motivate oneself and restrain impulses, and to handle interpersonal relationships effectively
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959227060