About The Client
My client is a leading discount store based in Coleshill, Birmingham with over 350 stores nationally.
About The Role
Working within a small IT department, you will play an integral part in the development team and will be involved in updating our internal systems. You will be confident with your development skills, excited to work on multi-channel projects and happy to advise on the software products.
Specifics Of The Role:
- Be accountable for developing a number of essential changes across the IT systems and updating some legacy products, involving the implementation of new technologies.
- Able to embrace new developments, working on full life cycle applications as well as sole projects and producing all documentations.
- A confident contributer to the development of new ideas across the IT team and communicate innovative techniques to influence change.
- Be involved in updating internal systems (into ASP. Net with VB.Net or C#) whilst also being involved with the integration and migration of ASP to ASP.Net
- Own the end to end development of internal and client facing web applications and deal with any queries which may occur.
- Improve quality through coding standards and other industry best practices and have an input into the technologies adopted for future projects.
The Right Candidate:
- You should have experience of working in a commercial IT structure,
- Bursting with ideas and a passion for multi-channel projects and software products.
- You will have strong organisational skills with high attention to detail, procedurally driven with strong project management and communication skills,
- The ability to build relationships across the department and Company.
- You will have a good understanding of ASP.Net (both C# and VB.Net), .Net Framework 2.0 (3.5+ desirable), classic ASP, T-SQL, SQL server 2008, HTML and CSS
- Ideally you will also have knowledge of working with ADO.Net, entity framework, jOuery, AJAX, Business Intelligence SSRS / SSAS / Data Warehousing and OO design and Design Patterns.