Outcomes First Group a children's residential care and education provider, are recruiting for an Educational Psychologist to join our embedded multi-disciplinary team based primarily from our established school in Stoke. Salary GBP35,035 p.a. - GBP50,500 p.a. Full time or 4 days per week considered
This is new role due to expansion which will involve work between our two schools in Stoke and Shifnal (travel expenses will apply) and provide support to students identified as having social, emotional and mental health needs, some of whom are in residential care and some of whom are day students. The core practice model for understanding and responding therapeutically to children and young people living and learning within the Hillcrest Children's Service is informed by an understanding of Complex Trauma (Cook et al 2005). This model ensures the needs of the children and young people are addressed in a holistic manner and considers each child or young person's individual presenting needs and strengths across residential, educational and family settings.
The successful applicant will be a member of a multi-professional team, comprising of: Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Psychotherapy, Assistant Psychology and Occupational Therapy input.
We will provide:
- A range of work - the opportunity of applying psychology in this context is varied and innovative.
- An embedded consultation model in both schools. Consultation always proceeds the negotiation of any assessments that are needed.
- Opportunities to work across disciplines within the team.
- Monthly managerial and clinical supervision (provided by Educational Psychologists).
- Annual leave can be taken flexibly throughout the year.
Applicants must have:
- An honours degree in psychology, recognised by the British Psychological Society and a recognised post graduate professional qualification in Educational Psychology
- Be registered or eligible for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Have experience working in a specialist educational service, supporting children and young with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties
Newly qualified Educational Psychologists are welcome to apply.
In return, we offer a salary scale of GBP35,350 p.a. - GBP50,500 p.a. depending on experience and an excellent benefits package to include: Pension, Company Sick Pay, Employee Assistance programme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Retail Discount Vouchers and Onsite parking
Please note this post is subject to a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity.
Outcomes First Group employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people, adults and their families.
"We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"