SAP SD / FICO Consultant
Halfords are the UKs leading retailer of leisure and automotive products and the UKs leading operator in garage serving and auto repair. Our retail business boasts over 460 stores, on-line shopping, a delivery service and in-store collection. Just to top this off we are now one of the Sunday Times 25 best big companies to work for!
1. JOB PURPOSE
• To assist in the mapping of high-level business requirements into appropriate and contemporary functional designs that deliver processes that fall in line with the overall strategic roadmap
• To provide retail-specific solution design and configuration services to the Halfords business using predominantly packaged application software managed in-house, such as SAP
2. JOB CONTEXT
The scale of the IT programme required by the Halfords business is such that there is a need for a specific solution design and configuration team that delivers business processes using packaged software such as SAP. There is also a need to ensure appropriate capacity and capability to review and deliver new and enhanced work packages, predominantly using SAP ECC6 and other contemporary modules, upgraded in 2014.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and deliver retail-specific processes and end to end functional configuration in SAP.
• Strong functional Configuration skills (minimum 5 years) in SAP SD (including order processing, shipping and billing) POS integration and SAP FICO e.g. AR, AP, GL reporting, month end closing,
• Translation of business requirements into a set of blueprints to create program specifications.
• Work alongside developers to develop and deliver training to end users.
• Assist in the planning and delivery of test plans from business processes flowing through SAP.
• Good communication skills to assist in the engagement with key stakeholders to manage expectations of delivery, change management, estimations of timescales, competing priorities and technical issues
• To assist in the engagement with third-parties and internal architecture and technical teams to develop and agree roadmap and transformation programmes for packaged applications such as SAP that deliver both business and IT strategies
• Keep abreast of current and emerging SAP technologies and trends and assist in the selection of robust and appropriate technologies
• Make proactive recommendations for improvements to appropriate business and IT decision-makers
• To participate in the handover of new and enhanced business processes to end users and where applicable, other IT support teams
• To perform periodic, support related configuration tasks in SAP e.g. number range maintenance, financial calendars, year-end processing etc
4. PERSON SPECIFICATION
• Minimum of 5 years SAP configuration/ development experience
• SAP configuration experience and functional knowledge (particularly in SD or FICO within a retail environment and using ECC6).
• Experience of integration between SAP modules related to retail processes and other third-party systems via PI, such as store and warehouse management systems. Retail POS experience an advantage though not essential
• SAP upgrade experience (4.7 to ECC6 EHP6) desirable though not essential
• End-to-end knowledge of core business processes in a typical medium to large-size Enterprise environment
• Analytical and creative approach to problem solving
• Educated to degree level or holds a professional qualification
• Can-do attitude and ability to act on partial information
• Good communication skills, able to present ideas and techniques to stakeholders
• Networks externally to understand emerging trends and technologies