HGV Drivers Class 1 & 2
HGV Class 1 & 2 Drivers
Salary: Negotiable - depending on experience
Hours: Fulltime. May involve nights out per week and a combination of early morning starts and nightshift work
Location: Base in Birtley.
Industry: Distribution/ Warehouse
This is a permanent opportunity for CPC qualified HGV Class 1& 2 Drivers to work for an established and well recognised company. This is the chance to become part of a family owned and run business and work with a great team!
Reporting to the logistics manager your main duties will involve the collecting/ delivering on time and in factory condition, all goods requested by customers to the correct delivery address throughout the UK.
The majority of your driving will be HGV Class 1 & 2 depending on your licence but there will be some lifting and packing of own load required. You will also carry out the following:
- Ensure vehicle tachograph is operated correctly and all work is recorded correctly and records maintained.
- To correctly and safely unload vehicles whilst taking into account axle weight distribution.
- To ensure that any payments received are correct and the money stored securely in the vehicle safe.
- To ensure that all required paperwork is completed promptly and accurately.
- To operate all vehicle systems.
- To comply with all health and safety requirements
- In warehouse ensure all stock is organised correctly and rotated.
- Ensure that loads are picked in accordance with the delivery notes.
Weekend working may be required and bank holiday working may also be required. Overtime rates are available.
Required skills & experience
The successful candidate must be in good health and be able to work flexibly as part of a team.
The following specific skills are also required:
- Experience in all aspects of driving HGV's.
- Have thorough knowledge of driver's hours legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations.
- Demonstrate excellent route planning and map reading skills.
- Knowledge of road restraint procedures.
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Can use own initiative
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Hold a valid driving licence, passport and other relevant documents.
- Minimum age of 25 for insurance purposes