SEN Teaching assistant
Do you have experience of working with SEN pupils?
Do you have experience of working with pupils with complex needs?
Are you available to work from the beginning of November?
SEN Central are currently recruiting for an SEN school that require an SEN Teaching assistant (classroom based) to work in their school from the beginning of November (Monday to Friday) for an initial period of 12 weeks. You will be required to support pupils age 8 -18 with complex needs. Supporting pupils within the classroom you will work with pupils on both a one to one basis and in small groups.
Our requirements for the role;
We are looking for an SEN Teaching assistant that;
* Has a minimum level 3 teaching assistant or equivalent qualification
* Has the ability to work with initiative, resourcefulness and passion in order to support pupils and the class teacher
* Able to consistently engage pupils through praise, direction and individual support.
* Is highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised
* Is highly resilient and able to work with pupils with sometimes challenging behaviour.
* Available Monday to Friday (8.15 am-4.15pm) for a minimum of 12 weeks.
About the Client
Our client is a specialist sen school in Derbyshire. The school offers a number of enrichment programmes and activities for pupils. The school is very well resourced and managed and you will be joining a committed and talented team. Pupils in the school have complex needs/autism and have high levels of support.
Benefits of working with SEN Central
* Dedicated consultant who will work with you to achieve your ideal role
* Join an agency where you feel valued, you are not a number, we care about what we do and work hard to find you employment
* Specialist SEN roles in schools, voluntary and independent settings
* Develop yourself with ongoing CPD training including safeguarding training
About SEN Central
SEN Central is a specialist recruitment agency which specialises in SEND staffing for educational, voluntary and independent settings. We provide SEND staffing for temporary, long term and permanent positions. Our areas of expertise are; support roles, teachers, specialist roles and leadership. Our service works in partnership with our candidates and clients equally to ensure that you receive the best service levels and experience.
SEN Central Limited is acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that prior to any offer of work all candidates will be subject to full vetting in line with DFE safer recruitment guidelines to confirm your suitability to work with children and young people.