Locum Dental Nurse - RAF Shawbury
Locum Dental Nurse
Ministry of Defence - RAF Shawbury
Hours required: 37.5 (Monday - Friday)
Contract length: Ongoing
A locum is required to provide clinical and administrative support to the Dental Officer to enable maintenance of the surgery. This includes preparation/sterilisation of all instruments before and after patients, reception duties, document handling, operation of dental computing system, processing radiographs, shared maintenance tasks and working in the central sterilisation area when in place.
To be fully aware of the responsibilities of a registered healthcare professional and comply with the GDC Principles and Standards for Dental Professionals.
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience
- Fully registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) without restrictions.
- Must hold valid suitable and appropriate indemnity insurance with a recognised dental defence organisation.
- Must provide evidence of clinical currency in accordance with JSP 950 Leaflet 4-1-4, Returning to Clinical Practice, specifically a minimum of 2 clinical sessions per week over the last 15 months.
- To have completed GDC highly recommended Continuing Professional Development (CPD) including basic life support, safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, infection control, and adequate radiological protection knowledge.
- To be trained and current in emergency and resuscitation procedures and have practised and tested these procedures at least annually (in accordance with JSP 950 Leaflet 4-6-1 DMS CPR Standards and Training.
- Must have undertaken the additional health clearance checks for clinicians required to perform Exposure Prone Procedures (in accordance with the Department of Health policy entitled "Health clearance for tuberculosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV: New Healthcare Workers").
Military Medical Personnel specialises in recruiting healthcare professionals for Army, Navy & RAF bases throughout the UK & overseas.