Injection Moulding Setter or Trainee Injection Moulding Setter
I am currently looking for an Injection Moulding Setter or Trainee Injection Moulding Setter to join a large automotive tier 1 supplier.
Overall Purpose / Scope of Position:
- To work within the technical manufacturing team on a 3 Shift rotation to ensure all departmental KPI's are met.
- To complete process activities on new and current processes and equipment.
- To tool change and run IMM processes and optimise set conditions to meet required quality specifications.
- Ideally you should be at your place of work 15 minutes before start of shift for Handover.
- You will be expected to do any reasonable hours as required to fulfil the requirements of the role, including being available for offsite support and emergency call out.
- As the role of Trainee/Intermediate Setter, you will have the same duties as a Setter Technician, but will need to prove capabilities of completing given tasks within this role to a high standard over a 12-month development period.
- You are expected to perform on various periodic assessments and projects given to you during the 12-month period for your performance evaluation
For area for responsibility:
- Stop/Start Injection Moulding Machines in accordance with company procedures.
- Optimization of all IMM processes using analytical improvement methods and reporting.
- Use of SMED methodology and Lean Manufacturing Techniques. Improve and maintain tool change procedures.
- Ensure 5s Standards are implemented and maintained
- Carry out tool changes in line with Production Planning requirements.
- Complete machine safety checks in line with company policy and BPF code of practice.
- Assist in the Training and Development of Tool Change Assistants.
- Maintain EOAT fixtures and program development to include current and new product introduction.
- Work in a clean and safe manner, upholding the company's H&S policy
- Diagnose process issues and faults. Set process conditions to rectify such faults, working in a logical and efficient manner
- Maintain a profundity in the technical aspects of equipment and processes and their safety requirements.
- Complete and develop all relevant documentation including SOP's, tool change sheets and parameter change records. Record all work activities by means of shift hand over process.
- Supporting level 1 and level 2 maintenance activities• Shift Cover when required for holidays, training and development requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Tooling, Maintenance, Logistics and any other department to resolve issue and assist in new projects.
- Ensure issues are escalated correctly following the department escalation process.
- Plus any other ad hoc duties required to fulfil the job role
- Tool Change requirements
- Continuous Improvement Activities
- Robot gripper down time levels
- Adherence to process parameters
- Scrap reduction
- Adherence to TPM schedules
- Adherence to fault/failure reporting and escalation
- Technical support for production requirements
- NVQ Level 3 (Injection Moulding), PTIC Level 3 (Injection Moulding) or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the processes used working within a Just in Time (JIT) environment.
- Understanding of conventional and non-conventional moulding processes (i.e. Gas injection, LPIC, Dynamic Feed, Twin shot / 2K shot.
- Good knowledge of problem solving techniques (i.e.8D, 5Why, Ichikawa, PPS) etc.
- Proven experience in Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) activities.
- Robot programmer capabilities of Krauss, Engel, ATM and Sepro platforms.
- Basic Knowledge of tool design and capabilities
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of Core Documents (i.e. SOP, Process Flows, FMEA and Control Plans)
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!