Customer Support Advisor 14.75hrs Saturday and Sunday
Working as part of the Customer Contact Centre, looking after the needs of the customers, shops, suppliers and all associated functions, to deliver a satisfactory outcome.
Reporting to a Team Manager, reporting to the Customer Service Manager. Contact Centre with 68 colleagues including Management. 460 shops, Halfords.com, Halfords.ie, Halfords Autocentres & Cycle Republic
- To be the first point of contact for Halfords remaining professional at all times, showing empathy and providing the highest level of service to our customers
- To deal with all daily enquiries and/or concerns generated by customers & shops through phone contact, e-mail, white mail, live chat, shop portal or social media
- Build rapport with our customers through spending time with them, identifying their needs and engaging with them in such a way that they will want to use Halfords in the future. Suggest a variety of solutions in order to provide the customer with options.
- Provide a professional and timely response/resolve to customer concerns and enquiries
- To ensure communication across all channels is of the highest quality in line with the standards laid down by the L&D team
- To ensure calls are answered within the agreed SLA's
- To actively seek to respond/resolve all enquiries & concerns within the set SLA's
- To ensure that all customer contact is logged, as appropriate on the system
- To update the system with additional customer contact and log/conclude any enquiries/concerns in real time
- To liaise with key Support Centre teams, suppliers and legal sources to further investigations if necessary to resolve a concern or claim
- To ensure customer contact, if escalated is directed to the correct Customer Support Team Manager and/or department in line with the escalation policy
- Actively use customer concerns to convert customers to promoters and use every opportunity to 'rescue' sales where necessary
- To primarily support the Customer Support Team Manager but also undertake such other duties appropriate to the post that may be required
- Have a basic understanding of current Consumer Legislation
- Display our exceptional behaviours of 'with fun, with a smile, with confidence & with togetherness'
- Excellent Customer and communication skills, both written and verbal
- To be able to demonstrate experience of dealing with difficult individuals whilst remaining professional, tactful and calm at all times.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to work under own initiative
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to prioritise your workload effectively with pace and urgency.
- A good working knowledge of desktop and database applications is required
- Retail or customer service industry experience desirable
- Great work ethic with a desire to develop yourself and others
- The role holder will be a self-starter who is happy to work on a high workload without needing a high level of support. In addition they will need to be able to think on their feet and respond to customer queries in a timely manner and offer the appropriate solution or advice.
- The role holder would need to have a flexible and open-minded approach to working and be extremely organised. Tenacity, resilience and enthusiasm are key to the role as they will need to liaise with colleagues in the Support Centre, Store Colleagues and customers.