Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world's most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced BOM Analyst to join their team. This role is offered on a contract basis with long term, ongoing opportunities for the right candidate
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians and storespeople, assisting with parts requirements for the service, maintenance, and restoration of customer's classic vehicles. Alongside the restoration business the department is also responsible for recreating vintage vehicles and maintaining collections of classic vehicles.
Your role is to maintain, develop and implement all policies, procedures, systems, and best practices with regard to the creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials for forward projects, for the purpose of maintaining accurate financial information and supply chain accuracy. Following a thorough analysis of a company's current BOM policies, you will be responsible for identifying any deficiencies and inefficiencies, making correctional recommendations. Once those recommendations have been approved by management, you will be responsible for overseeing their implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Item Coding and Bills of Material creation and ongoing maintenance duties
- Provide daily, weekly & monthly reconciliation documentation
- Report shortages per vehicle & drive timely delivery of parts to support the vehicle build
- Resolve issues / discrepancies in a timely manner
- Maintain BOM records through use of internal software packages
- Work with the stores controller to monitor all inventory levels and recommend any necessary changes to management
- In concert with the operations department, monitor the accuracy of all BOM levels, resolving any errors as required
- Developing and implementing a BOM management system, where product movement flows seamlessly
- Assist management in installation and configuration of Forms, Reports, and Services
- Assist in stores duties as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Previous BOM/parts logistics experience
- Good IT skills e.g. Ability to use all Microsoft Office packages with an emphasis on excel.
- Managing multiple data packages simultaneously
- Data entry of substantial data packages
- Dealing with external companies / expediting external activities to meet project timescales
- Managing programs of work
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Days: 37 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4.00pm
Please Note: The pay rates stated above are made up of three elements, Hourly pay rate, Holiday pay and Apex Recruitment's contribution to the payroll administrator's fee .