My client a growing GBP13m turnover service company based in Cannock seek to recruit a Assistant Accountant to control the day to day finances for the company. This is a stand-alone role reporting to the Operations Director and Managing Director.
- Production of monthly management accounts using Sage
- Review and reconcile banking on a daily basis and deal with queries.
- Responsible for the daily input of sales and purchase invoices
- Responsible for the collection and management of outstanding debt.
- Responsible for the balancing of cashbooks for multiple bank accounts.
- To allocate receipts and payments posted and investigate differences
- Ensure payment requests are prepared accurately and efficiently.
- To ensure outstanding accounts are chased where necessary by e-mail and telephone.
- Responsible for the management and reporting of aged creditors and unallocated cash.
- Agreement and settlements of loan agreements; including investigating queries and amendments.
- Processing weekly creditor payments
- Year end - Preparing information for and liaison with Auditors and Tax Advisors
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Maintain asset finance agreements.
- Cash flow forecast
- Reconciling credit card balances on a regular basis
- Process of employee expenses
- Maintenance of fixed asset register including depreciation charge
- Timely budgeting and forecasting processes
You will be a hands on finance professional with previous experience of working in a similar role for a SME organisation with exposure of using Sage. Due to the size of the company it is essential that you are able to work independently but also as part of a wider office team.
For further information please contact Lee Walker at Seymour John.