Production Operative (Permanent)
Due to continuing growth & investment, an established manufacturer of industrial equipment are looking to recruit an experienced Production Operative.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking business which promotes training & development and further career progression.
Attractive package awaits the right candidate which includes:
- 25 Days Holiday + Stats
- Life Assurance
- Up to 6% Match Pension
- Free Parking
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Production Supervisor you will manufacture & assemble specialist pumping equipment.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Mechanical Assembly OR Engineering environment in a similar role
- Current OR Previous experience of pump systems coupled with a good understanding of assembling them
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Knowledge of performing manufacturing operations
- Experience working with ISO9001 & 14001 standards
- Ability to operate measurement equipment
- Assembly, test & despatch of spare parts to customers
- Preparation of parts for paint-shop, fault identification & rectification using a variety of engineering and manufacturing skills
- Product testing to confirm performance & satisfy legal/company requirements
- Final assembly and finishing in preparation for shipment
- Work towards and maintain all quality accreditations ensuring non-compliance or irregularities are reported to the line manager or quality team
- Support warehouse picks and stock allocation when required
- Carry out all planned preventative maintenance procedures
- Assist in stock-takes making yourself readily available
- When required support NPI, Lean Activities and Operational activities.
- To ensure the level of quality is maintained through the production process of assembling pumps and products
- Build Sub-Assemblies for use in upstream processes, working as a supportive and active team member within the department
- To assist in end of shift cleaning/housekeeping duties and ensuring continuous contribution towards lean practices and activities ensuring they are maintained
- To assist in the review and update (where necessary) of all work instructions and procedures;
- To ensure that all relevant quality records are completed, with sign off where required;
- Undertake training and to assist in training and mentoring others or new members of staff as required
- Actively and positively contribute to the appraisal process and to follow up agreed actions
For more information please email your CV to:
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.