Seasonal Outdoors Assistant
Croome is one of the greatest landscape parks designed by Lancelot 'Capabilty' Brown in the 1750s for the 6th Earl of Coventry. We welcomed over 280000 visitors to Croome last year and we want to ensure that every person has a great time here.
What it's like to work here
Once a secret wartime airbase, Croome Court takes visitors back to the 1940s. This 18th century house and visitor centre has an excellent catering operation which includes a 1940s restaurant, tea room and Sky Caf??, unusually situated on top of scaffolding. The 25-strong team are always kept busy at this dynamic property. A new scheme offers parkland rangers an apprenticeship within the 'Capability' Brown-designed estate.
What you'll be doing
This role entails working every Saturday and Sunday; you'll be interacting with our visitors in the outdoors to help them make the most of their visit to Croome. You'll be carrying out some daily duty tasks such as ensuring the outdoor composting toilet is clean and fully stocked with supplies, and the garden buildings are litter free. An interest in 18th century landscapes would be an advantage, as would horticultural knowledge, however training will be available.
A driving licence is essential for this role
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have the following:
- Some basic knowledge and practical experience in land, conservation and access management.
- Good people skills enabling strong relationships externally and internally, to be built and maintained
- Familiarity with basic machinery/equipment as required by the property.
- Demonstrate a passion for nature and the outdoors.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking