Health & Safety Officer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join a leading manufacturer on the outskirts of Worcester. The role will consist of supporting all managers, employees and visitors on site within and around the building to maintain all Health & Safety for the business.
- To support and ensure department Managers take responsibility for their departments health and safety issues.
- To help employees however necessary to be responsible for all health and safety of themselves and others on site, give advice and assistance whenever required.
- To review and investigate incidents and accidents throughout all facilities within the organisation and ensure all appropriate data is collected.
- To review and where necessary update or write new policies, procedures and safe systems of work to develop the ongoing improvement in safety management systems.
- Conduct H&S audits with departmental managers and supervisors to identify opportunities for improvement highlighting any breaches in compliance, legislation recommending and implementing correct actions to ensure closure.
Within this role the successful Health & Safety Officer will act as the point of contact for facilities management activities and support other functions where required in the Health, Safety and Facilities department. Additional requirements of the role is to review and complete appropriate permits to work for contractors on their arrival and to audit throughout all stages during work on site.
- Have experience within a warehouse facility and have the knowledge of MHE equipment and rack storage systems.
- General understanding of safety and environmental legislation.
- It is essential that all applicants have either NEBOSH or IOSH qualification in health & safety to certificate level.
- Experience in internal auditing and risk assessment.
- Be able to show the ability to communicate directly with all levels of employees, management and customers.
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
In return for your experience at this level and similar facilities my client offer a competitive salary along with a fantastic benefits package???
- BUPA Healthcare (single cover)
- 25 days holiday - with the option to buy up to 10 days more)
- 3% pension contribution
- Up to 15% bonus
- Flexible working hours after 3 months
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the Health & Safety Officer position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.