Assistant Finance Analyst - Finance, Burton Upon Trent
Overview of role:
This is an exciting and dynamic Commercial Finance role in the largest trading business of Greene King. The combined retail business accounts for sales of well over GBP1.7bn with c. 1800 managed pubs at acquisition.
The core of the role will be to support the Senior Commercial Analyst, Commercial Analyst and Commercial Financial Controller with providing detailed financial and commercial analysis for the Marketing function. In addition, it will be important to proactively develop best practice across the Commercial Finance function and work efficiently and effectively across the wider finance team.
- To support the Senior Commercial Analyst in the delivery of reporting and analysis to the business, ensuring key commercial information is communicated effectively with insight in order to aid understanding and support decision making.
- To provide accurate, timely weekly/periodic analysis, to the Marketing Function, for both regular KPI's, sales forecasting and analysis of key trading days.
- To assist the Senior Commercial Analyst in ensuring that all business decisions have financial integrity and investigate associated risks and opportunities.
- Assistant on the analysis and control of Marketing Spend via liaising with Financial Shared Services.
- Regularly review processes and reporting suite to improve accuracy and efficiency and drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Ad-hoc projects, analysis and insight as required.
- Advanced MS Office skills specifically Excel (VBA desirable)
- Exposure to any BI Tools (i.e. COGNOS, SAS???
- Experience of providing financial support to Marketing function (desirable)
- Excellent analytical skills to assimilate, understand and provide insight on key pieces of MI
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast pace environment
- Well organized clear communicator, with strong attention to detail
- Sound commercial acumen - being cost aware and seizing commercial opportunities
- Part Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA (desirable)
- Demonstrate the company's 'Winning Ways of Working'
Location: Burton upon Trent, UKReference Code