Here at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We're looking for a Product Executive to join our Product Management Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The role supports the business aim to maximise the lifetime value of our customers using the current and future energy products. You will get business wide exposure as well as the opportunity to develop a number of important skills. This role includes a lot of work on our prepayment portfolio including competitor analysis of other suppliers prepayment offerings. You'll also be a key part of the non tariff credit and charges roll-out process as well as being the liaison between Product, Marketing and Bill Media for proofing emails. You'll be involved in every aspect of what the Product team does by supporting the whole team with competitor insights.
The role day to day
- Conduct competitor monitoring providing intelligence and analysis on their products & services, pricing and messaging.
- Co-ordinate our proofing work both within the team and with other departments
- Own the prepayment manual sales quotation tools
- Support the end to end product lifecycle including product introductions
- Support the implementation and withdrawal of energy tariffs
- Ensure our online channels provide customers with up to date product information
- Responsible for adding new credits and charges to maxcatalog
- Support the translation of ofgem requirements into business processes ensuring product and process compliance
- Collaboration with all areas of the business including operations, sales, marketing and technology
- Analysis of data to find trends and suggest process improvements
- Develop and deliver customer communications and staff briefings required to support the launch and on-going management of our product portfolio
- Effective communication with business and technical teams
- Match customer contacts with business improvements, helping to prioritise for maximum impact
What you'll need to help make the best of this role
- Passion and a desire to learn
- Confidence and the ability to develop cross departmental relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Flexibility and a real "can do" approach
- Ability to learn quickly and get "stuck in"
The nice to haves
- Ability to innovate and think outside of the box
- Experience of strategic long-term thinking and planning
- Commercial focus
- Relevant industry experience an advantage
What you will get in return
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it's not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We're proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we've held on to as we've grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it's important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.