Merchandising Administrator - cGBP18-20k West Midlands
My client is looking for a Merchandising Administrator to join their footwear department. You will be an enthusiastic and passionate individual, and will help to maximise sales and profit and improve stock accuracy of the footwear and accessories departments through effective stock management and consistent monitoring of performance. As this is a varied role you will have a good understanding of merchandising, buying, stock control and supply chain processes.
The ideal candidate will come from a merchandising background and will have experience as an Allocator, Merchandising Admin Assistant or Assistant Merchandiser.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Merchandising Administrator
- Optimising store performance with effective replenishment and strategic allocations
- Improve stock accuracy in stores by investigating stock take variances and variances in stock receipted vs purchase orders
- Running appropriate reports from data warehouse and reporting to suppliers and in internal trade meetings
- Raising purchase orders
- Organising the movement of stock between stores or back to suppliers
- Assessing current ways of working and suggesting improvements
- Liaising with buyers, stores, suppliers and distributors
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of appropriate data
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- Developing and maintain successful relationships with suppliers
- Working closely with other areas of the business, namely Ecommerce, Marketing and Finance
- Controlling stock levels in stores using forecasted sales
- Booking goods to be shipped and chasing bookings into the warehouse, ensuring what is delivered matches what was ordered
- Supporting the Buying and Merchandising team and completing general admin on an ad-hoc basis for the team
As a Merchandising Administrator you will need to have the ability to take direction from Senior management and understand what the customer wants. You will also require Mathematical ability - to work out budgets and understand sales figures, Business sense and negotiation skills and the ability to work well in a team.
If you feel you possess the required skills for the Merchandising Administrator role and are looking for a new challenge then apply now!