Category Manager Engineering Consultancy
Do you have a background in technical / engineering services procurement? Looking for a new challenge with a leading FTSE100 listed organisation that can offer an excellent working environment and long term career progression? Able to get to Coventry on a daily basis? Then this Category Manager Engineering Consultancy role could be just what you are looking for!
The successful Category Manager Engineering Consultancy will be joining a highly profitable business with revenues in excess of GBP1.7b, who deliver a range of services that impact the lives of millions of customers each and every day. They work out of sleek, modern offices and offer individuals the chance to grow and progress their career in a number of different directions. The business is looking for future leaders, stand out individuals, the very best.....is that you?
As Category Manager Engineering Consultancy you will take full strategic responsibility for a circa GBP40m spend across the Company's Engineering Consultancy spend, with a strong focus on commercial and quality delivery. You will work closely with the Operational Teams to manage various existing supplier framework agreements and, as required by the business, introduce new and re-tender/renegotiate existing agreements. You will be responsible for the Commercial relationship and Contract Management, ensuring these relationships and agreements are managed and effectively delivered. You will work towards developing and implementing category strategies which fulfil business requirements and which recommend strategic sourcing options and implementation plans. You will be required to proactively profile and research supply markets and suppliers, whilst also assessing trends, opportunities and risks with the aim being to deliver a sustainable supply chain, to ensure external expenditure is effectively managed and delivers the lowest cost and highest standards.
To be considered for this Category Manager Engineering Consultancy role it is expected you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong procurement or commercial background procuring consultancy services within an engineering, construction or technically focused industry
- Excellent knowledge & experience of end to end procurement processes, including tendering and contract formulation
- You will be able to lead the commercial elements of larger projects
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills, ideally formed with challenging technically biased stakeholders
- Proven background in the formulation, and execution, of category strategies
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
- Knowledge of EU procurement is highly desirable
In return you will receive a remuneration package that includes:
- Base salary of circa GBP45-50k
- Outstanding pension (double matched to a maximum of 15% employer vs 7.5% employee)
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible approach to hours
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles
To apply for this Category Manager Engineering Consultancy position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.