Supply Chain Manager
Recruit4staff is proud to be representing their client, a leading Manufacturing company in their search for Supply Chain Manager to work in their leading facility in Telford.
Supply Chain Manager
GBP40,000 to GBP45,000 per annum
Hours - Days
Role of Supply Chain Manager
Our Client is a packaging manufacturing company who is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager who can overhaul our supply chain protocols, procedures and strategy.
The successful supply manager manager will have excellent leadership skills and the ability to put together a talented, efficient team. He or she will report directly to our Mangaing Director, and you will be responsible for meeting targets that will be discussed prior to appointment. We are eager to improving efficiency and resource use to increase our company's overall revenue and provide more reliable service for our customers.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Maintain or implement new procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors and freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Select appropriate raw materials for manufacturing processes based on supplier evaluation.
- Review and analyse information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes, covering logistics, purchasing and warehousing.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing legislations, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select appropriate transportation routes to maximise economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Design or implement supply chains that support Sirane policies.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the co-ordination of engineering changes, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimise consumption of new materials and if possible minimise waste.
- Maintain, organise and develop systems to rigorously monitor off-site storage.
- Review the performance records of current or potential storage and distribution service providers.
- Develop, teach and reinforce safety guidelines and protocols within the warehouse.
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing within a leadership role
- 4+ years' experience in supply chain management
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level
For further information about this and other positions please apply now
Call Matt Johnson
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Recruit4staff Telford who are operating as an employment agency and employment business.