Do you want to work with a leading infrastructure company that is taking the lead in the construction industry? I have a long term freelance opportunity with a Tier 1 contractor in the West Midlands.
Your role will
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties
- Provide advice and guidance on the 'buildability' of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required - such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
- Support the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required.
You will be
- Have a proven experience at a senior level in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- Have leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure.
- Know 'what good looks like' in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
- Have experience within the most current forms of procurement.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76684937