Up to £35k plus bonus and excellent benefits
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
A local manufacturing company are looking to recruit a NPI Engineer
Purpose of Role - NPI Engineer:
To maintain and improve the introduction of new products, components and projects meeting the specifications, quality, cost and time frame targets in accordance with company procedures and standards.
To maintain and improve the development of product and individual components.
- Cost reduction on component supplier
- The NPI Engineer will review the process for their particular discipline (plastics/castings etc) and look to remove waste.
- They will implement the best production practise to secure the best quality of the product.
- Control PPAPS and FMEA - supporting thought process before production to give consistency.
- Tooling Management
- The NPI Engineer has to maintain the condition of the tool. Sometime suppliers can build the tool and the NPI Engineer will validate it by judging the product when it comes off the tool. To make sure the quality of the component coming off is to the agreed standard.
- Validating Repairs
- It is then down to the NPI Engineer to negotiate the costs for the repair of the tool.
- New Product Introduction (NPI)
- The NPI Engineer controls the NPI of any new model into Manufacturing
- The NPI Engineer co-ordinates the model introduction against the NPI process and so all departments know exactly what they are doing. The NPI Engineer polices everything to make
- Working closely with the Strategic Buyers to develop localisation on cost reduction opportunities on parts into Europe from China.
Candidate requirements - NPI Engineer:
The ideal NPI Engineer must have the following skills, qualifications & experience:
- Educated to Degree/HND Level in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of AUTOCAD
- Proven applied understanding of production commodity groups (Plastic Injection Moulding, Aluminium and/or Magnesium Die casting, Metal Pressing and/or Metal Injection Moulding or Metal Turning, Heat Treatment and Hardening processes).
- Experience of New Product Introduction
- 2 years in a similar product analysis environment/role
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Improvement
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76686164