Receptionist (30 hours) Shrewsbury Sports Village
Receptionist - 30 hours per week
Shrewsbury Sports Village
Salary - £15098.64 - £15302.28 pro rata
We are currently looking to recruit a Receptionist to work at Shrewsbury Sports Village on part time basis. You will be working 30 hours per week. You will be working on 2 week rota system between Monday and Sunday.
Shrewsbury Sports Village has a range of facilities and offers a variety of activities for all ages. Activities range from Superstars holiday club & junior climbing to fitness training, group exercise & Badminton.
The Receptionist role encompasses all of the functions associated with delivering an excellent front of house customer experience. Functions will include; issuing receipts, processing fitness memberships, tracking membership sales, marketing and outreach activities, creating bookings, assisting in invoice enquiries, offering advice and guidance to users, undertake housekeeping duties as directed by a line manager, manage all forms of enquiries, completing orders when requested, processing all resale transactions and fulfilling any other appropriate duties as directed by a line manager.
- Work in a rota system and when the occasion calls for cover sickness and annual leave.
- Ensure a high level of customer care at all times and an effective response to all enquiries.
- Processing all forms of sales and transactions.
- Managing a bookings system and upsell all vacant slots when the opportunity arises.
- Assist in any form of emergency and evacuations.
- It is a requirement the post holder to be conversant with and work to the appropriate Child protection/vulnerable adult policy and procedures.
- Process all forms of fitness memberships and have the ability to advise users.
- Track membership sales and provide daily reports.
- Partake in various marketing and outreach activities.
- Be prepared to work at other Leisure centres when circumstances dictate.
- Responsible for all monies taken on shift and ensure they are logged and secured respectively.
- Be aware of and act in accordance to all related Health and Safety policy.
- Be prepared on occasion to deal with potential irate users.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent computer skills is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role/ receptionist is desirable
- NVQ front of house/customer care qualification is desirable
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76681609