Up to £38.5k per annum + Car Allowance (circa £45k total package)
39 Hours per Week
Prince Personnel are proud to be recruiting for a well-established prestigious manufacturing organisation. They are now looking for a competent Purchasing Manager to join their experienced team. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for leading a purchasing team and defining and facilitating the departmental purchasing strategy.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for:
- Departmental budget control and capital expenditure
- Ensuring that the departmental staff are all developed and trained accordingly
- Attend and actively contribute to management meetings and lead and direct team meetings
- Implement, build and maintain systems for the Purchasing team to ensure department efficiency in the supplier management processes
- Liaise with other departments to ensure that effective procurement processes are maintained and deadlines are achieved
- Lead and guide procurement projects and activities
- Ensuring the department negotiates all costs and terms of supply for direct materials and components for manufacturing
- Strategic planning and researching of potential markets in terms of new channels of supply
- Provide a key point of contact for the business in terms of product requirements and for suppliers for all queries
- Work with and develop suppliers when necessary to maximise potential to support procurement activity
- Keep informed and up-to-date regarding market trends for commodities
- Create and prepare all contractual agreements and terms of supply within necessary timeframes
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a strong background within a strategic direct purchasing managerial role where you have been responsible for high profile negotiations in terms of price, quality, delivery and SLA?s within a manufacturing organisation. You will have strong leadership skills and have demonstrated success in managing a Purchasing team and function within a busy fast paced and high volume manufacturing environment. This is a key role within the business and therefore you will need exceptional negotiation skills along with the ability to build and develop strong supplier relationships. You must be prepared to travel to supplier sites throughout the UK and on occasions overseas.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won?t be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you?re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you?ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959248722