Customer Service Manager - Pricing and Strategy
Customer Service Manager ? Pricing and Strategy
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits including quarterly bonus scheme, pension, BUPA etc
In appropriate circumstances, relocation package also available
Based in Hereford
As a group, we employ over 30,000 people in 15 countries (14 sites in the UK alone). We insist on outstanding quality, not just in the materials we use and products we manufacture, but also in the people we employ.
This is an opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer within a niche industry. We are specialists in processes and know how that enable us to offer a range of products, supplying into sectors including aerospace, automotive, wind and power generation, oil and gas and defence. This is a world leading, award-winning employer who recruits to retain.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Customer Service Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading Customer Service to deliver an improved customer experience, including establishing and setting call back plans to optimise positive customer contact
- EMEA Customer Service Activities to support the implementation and delivery of the 36-month growth plan; contributing to the regular strategic commercial planning process
- Business partnering key stakeholders including EMEA Sales directors and site General Managers, reporting timely customer information and data in order to progress sales activities
- Working in conjunction with Commercial Manager and international sales and commercial counterparts to formulate and issue quotations; maintaining an up-to date price book and calculations for special or non-standard enquiries
- Leading comprehensive data analyses to inform sales pricing, planning and strategy; maintaining ongoing analysis of competitive pricing activity and ensuring variables (including predicted material prices and currency fluctuations) are fully recognized in company pricing strategy
- Comprehensive reviews of major accounts to ensure pricing agreements are appropriate, making recommendations for amendments where profit levels require review and modification
- Driving data input to the Sales Forecasting process on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to inform sales management of planned, achieved, missed opportunities and historical reflective data. Maintaining accurate record keeping for all Lost Business Reports, and RFQ register to ensure data is current and accurate.
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Proven commercial customer service experience with specific emphasis to financial & commercial data gathering and analyses
- Proven business partnering experience with the ability to influence senior management on direction of commercial and business issues
- Proven experience contributing to sales strategies and processes, developing sales pricing, pricing methodologies, margins and reconciliation of costs to drive and inform
- Able to understand and draft complex pricing agreements contracts including Technical, Commercial and Sales documents
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel and MS Office applications, commercial and marketing databases and preferably SAP applications desirable
- Excellent communication skills including strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Previous team management experience ? providing structure and direction
- Able to travel domestically and internationally if required
Competitive salary and benefits (negotiable based on experience); we are more focused on finding the RIGHT person for the job!
APPLICATIONS: In writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days, it may be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Thank you for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959248220