Assembly Production Supervisor
Reporting directly to the General Assembly Manager the new Assembly Production Supervisor will support the leading of a team of 30 staff responsible for the final assembly build and testing activities of a product range along with being expected to foster and drive a culture of continuous, and process improvement within this department. Experience of project management, change management along with a suitable understanding of LEAN methodology and principals will be crucial in this role.
Specific duties / responsibilities of this Assembly Production Supervisors role will include:
- The maintaining and improvement of Health and Safety disciplines within all work areas with a focus on suitable daily management / monitoring of related issues.
- Foster a culture of LEAN thinking and continuous improvement with a view to improving overall Productivity along with working quality standards.
- Sustain and where required establish new operational processes and standards for the production line.
- Embed the 5s philosophy throughout the production line along with maintaining daily housekeeping routines.
- Co-ordinate stock taking activities across all of the line when required.
- Control and management of Kaizen activity and continuous improvement.
- Administer company policies and procedures appropriately.
- Support the effective management of overtime and other ongoing operational costs / expenditure.
- Ensure company systems (EPOP / Microsoft AX etc.) are maintained and accurately represent the production position at all times.
- Control work flow to meet customer delivery deadlines.
Potential candidates for this Assembly Production Supervisor role should meet the following criteria:
- Previous Operations Management experience within a manufacturing ideally within a technical Engineering / high value capital equipment environment.
- Experience supporting process and continuous improvement projects.
- Excellent understanding of LEAN methodology, techniques and implementation.
- Project and/or change management experience.
- Strong man management skills with the ability to; lead, manage, motivate and develop a team.
- Demonstrate a data driven management methodology with a focus on the monitoring and use of appropriate KPI's to drive process improvement.
If you are interested in applying for this Assembly Production Supervisor role or would like more information please don't hesitate to contact Ed Smith (Recruitment Consultant) on ************ or .
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959252237