Search Consultancy is working to recruit a Qualified Social Worker into an Adults Assessment and Care Team working for Stoke-On-Trent Council on a temporary basis. The successful candidates will benefit from a supportive team and will be carrying out general assessments and care management.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- To receive and manage incoming referrals within timescales
- To undertake a range of assessments and reviews ensuring a needs led approach with a rehabilitative focus and arrange care packages that address the eligible social care needs identified.
- To accurately maintain client records and ensure that these records are logged correctly on to the departments computer system (Care First).
- To undertake assessments of work referred, produce fully costed care plans and risk assessments and highlight Health and Safety issues that may impact upon the provision of a service, in conjunction with service users, carers and multi agency colleagues as far as possible.
- To participate in regular supervision and PDR, be committed to personal development and keep up to date with departmental policies and procedures, operational guidelines and changes to statutory requirements.
- To operate at all times with the ethics and disciplines of the General Social Care Councils Code of Conduct for Social Care Workers and to undertake specific training to maintain registered status.
- To produce reports specific to service discipline and attend when relevant, courts, child protection conferences, reviews and Mental Health Tribunals.
- To carry out such other duties as may be required from time to time and which commensurate with the grade of the post although suitable adjustments will be made in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- To act as Care Co-ordinator and/or Care Manager.
Due to the nature of the role, the manager has specified that any applicants to this role must be experienced Social Workers with a background in Adults Social Work.
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award GBP250 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Mike Shaw on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age