Are you a PR graduate looking for a PR role ? If so, please read on!
My client a not-for-profit organisation based in Kenilworth is seeking a PR Assistant to support their In-house PR and Communications team, reporting into the PR & Communications Manager.
Your role will help support a busy and varied press office, as well as supporting the wider marketing and communications team. The role will play a key part in delivering their brand values through a variety of PR activities, press and stakeholder relations.
As PR Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the PR team ensuring the department's processes work efficiently and effectively. Your responsibilities will also include writing and editing copy for press releases, speeches, publications and ad-hoc materials as well as varied responsibilities as outlined below!
- Be responsible for the PR department's processes and ensuring they work effectively for the wider marketing and communications team. This includes; media contacts, press cutting services, monitoring press coverage, PR calendar and planner. Working with a number of internal and external stakeholders to deliver this
- To help support the PR team with writing and issuing press releases
- Assist in researching and writing copy for a variety of press materials both internal and external including; speeches, publications, briefs and any ad-hoc activity
- Responding to press enquiries quickly and efficiently with the support of the PR team
- Work with the PR Executive on PR campaigns throughout the year
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Brand Guardian
- Foster strong relationships with all internal departments ensuring all respective departments are engaged and approve all relevant PR activity
- Liaise with relevant agencies and key suppliers
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Have a good understanding of the importance of legal and regulatory frameworks within the equestrian and PR industry
- Attend marketing events where appropriate
- Assisting the wider Marketing and Communications team with ad -hoc duties as and when necessary in any task required
What is my client looking for?
As PR Assistant you must have the following skills:
- Proven experience as a PR Assistant or similar position or graduate level with a passion for PR and willing to learn
- Desirable: BSc/BA/CIPR in public relations, communications, journalism or relevant field
- Creative flair
- Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
- Excellent copy writing skills and the ability to write copy for a variety of PR channels and audiences
- Excellent attention to detail and proof reading skills
- Confident communicator; able to work with senior level managers, journalists and other stakeholders
**PLEASE NOTE** You must have a driving licence for this role
What's on offer?
Salary is Up to GBP18,000 + benefits. If this role is of interest, please apply Immediately as deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 6th October. For more information regarding this role, please contact Shanice Morgan at SF Group.