GBP30,000 to GBP35,000
Our client is one of the world's largest suppliers of automotive technology and systems, a trusted partner in the aftermarket and a leading manufacturer of small assembly robots. The company employs over 146,000 at 188 sites around the globe with revenues of over $39billion. Customers include many leading car OEM manufacturers including BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, JLR, Mecedes Benz, Nissan and VW
Due to an increase in production levels and expansion of their manufacturing facility our client is currently seeking a Materials Controller to join their Supply Chain in Shropshire. Reporting to the Supplier Logistics Manager, the Materials Controller will ensure on time delivery of material to maintain the manufacturing schedules whilst managing targeted stock levels and minimising cost.
About the role
- To be focused on continuous Supplier development.
- To monitor / report excessive freight costs.
- To monitor / update working procedures when / wherever necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring / reporting delivery performance.
- Provide weekly ordering system training to Suppliers where necessary.
- To design change / phase out control.
- Monitor stock statistics files.
- To carry out bi-annual 'Stock Take' (more often if the need arises).
- Stock check on W.I.P. to maintain 'Just In Time' delivery.
- Justifying additional costs where necessary to support business needs.
- Monitor incoming containers for Japan stock.
- Capacity Planning with Suppliers against long term forecast.
Your Performance Measures
- Monthly stock KPI's, stock days
- Supplier delivery performance = 100%
- Supplier Development, number of delivery discrepancies = Target 0%
- Excessive Freight - cost
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Good communication skills - discussion / negotiation and presentation to group companies, suppliers, customers and internally.
- Understanding of product / component requirements.
- Confidence to negotiate with suppliers where necessary.
- Initiative to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collate, review, analyse and present data, utilising IT and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, knowledge of Lotus Notes.
You must have Automotive material planning experience to be considered for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's largest supplier of Automotive Technology. If you have the relevant Automotive experience, hungry for a challenge and a ready to make you mark then apply today