Shotblaster / Painter - Trainee
NOV Elmar is the global leader in the design and manufacturing of wireline products for slickline and electric line applications. Due to an increase in orders are Westhill location are recruiting for a Shotblaster/Painter - Trainee to join the busy workshop. Under the guidance of the Cell Leader you will be provided with on site training and development on all aspects of shotblasting and painting of customer products. You will operate to the required high standard of the Elmar manufacturing workshop and adhere to Health & Safety requirements at all times. The use of a Fork Lift will be required, at certain times, so candidates with a B1 license will be desirable but not essential as full training and certification will be provided.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
• Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
• Assist in keeping the facility and equipment in a clean and safe state at all times.
• Daily set up and operation of the Shot blast Machine.
• Maintain steel shot levels for machine to continue running properly and safely.
• Divert parts and activate machine cycle; monitor operation of shot-blast machine and maintain proper shot levels.
• Handle steel parts and visually inspect and sort according to finishing needs.
• Ability to follow detailed work instructions to properly run blast machine and painting equipment.
• Ability to complete daily reports as directed.
• Perform a variety of duties to clean steel parts using shot-blast machine.
• Make sure workflow is maximised by moving components to the correct stations.
• Setting up painting equipment.
• Selecting, matching and mixing colours.
• Applying primer coats, main coats and finishes.
• Carrying out quality checks.
• Promote and adhere to health and safety policies and procedures without exception.
• Adheres to inspection criteria, policies and procedures without exception.
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand
- Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks
- Able to follow, work within and improve business processes whilst exercising good judgement based on immediate and future business needs.
- Will be energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities.
Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
- A candid team player who collaborates with peers to solve problems
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Good standard of high school education or equivalent
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- Working knowledge within manufacturing/production environment