Account Development Executive
Working with a platinum client list, this actually might be the most exciting commercially focused job out there!
WHO ARE WE?
Discovery is widely respected as one of the UK's leading recruitment, training and performance improvement companies.
We have pioneered a diagnostic approach to recruitment and development that delivers exceptional results in a climate that is dominated by an outdated model. We embed best practice across our client's businesses through our blended approach which provides long term and sustainable solutions. We help organisations reduce the significant cost wasted each year on inappropriate hires and ineffective training.
Whilst our scope of expertise covers all industry sectors we are particularly strong in the food, manufacturing and engineering markets domestically and internationally.
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Over the last 18 years we have built an enviable reputation as a business clearly defined by the commitment to excellence and the results we deliver. We are values driven business where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
As an Account Development Executive you will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic clients improving their situations and building on very strong and established partnerships where we add real value to their businesses.
This role is about growth. It is about looking through the same lens as our clients and understanding their landscape and the issues that keep them awake at night. The role requires analytical problem solvers with a zest for business and a genuine desire to improve their situations.
It is a proactive role that will allow you to explore the myriad of challenges and identify opportunities for Discovery to solve these problems.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To pro-actively call all key account contacts by operating a regular calling schedule in order to build on the relationship and identify new business opportunities across graduate & executive assignments.
- Achieve all targets and KPI's as specified.
- To research and fully understand the organisational structure for the purpose of grading the account potential and identifying additional key stakeholders.
- Network around the account to establish additional relationships and wider opportunities positioning Discovery as the main provider of recruitment support.
- Where appropriate to arrange calls or appointments for the Account Director and to accompany the Account Director on appointments as required.
- To monitor activity and conversion statistics identifying areas for improvement.
- Work closely with marketing and the Account Director to grade account potential and set appropriate targets.
- Work closely with marketing to implement and evolve the strategy and provide regular feedback to marketing.
- Create and send out proposals, CSA's and other documents as required.
- Nurture relationships with key people on the move.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1.
- Exceptional language and grammar skills enabling competent communication at the highest level.
- Possess strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to present with confidence and contribute to discussions with the senior team.
- Ability and confidence to make decisions
- Live in Shropshire (or within commuting distance of the Shrewsbury office.)
- Full UK driving license with a maximum of 3 penalty points.
- Organised and plan-oriented.
- Dependable & Intentional.
- Credible, professional and client ready from day one.
- Collaborative & Supportive.
- Inquisitive & curious.
- Phenomenal communication skills.
- Quick thinker.
- Ability and desire to learn.
- Experience of being client facing in a similar proactive sales role.
- Cold calling experience.
- Networking and relationship building experience.
- Customer management experience.
- Experience in recruitment.
Does that sound like you or the type of challenge you want? We would like to hear from you if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop your career as we may well be the company to be able to support this.
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It's not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, monthly breakfast meetings, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.