Employee Relations Manager
Employee Relation Manager based in Warwick on a 4 Month Contract
Pontoon has an exciting opportunity for an Employee Relations Manager that is used to working within a fast moving environment. The Successful consultant will need to have experience with Case management and Employee Relations.
To lead a team of Case Management Specialists to provide Case Management policy & employment law related guidance in all Case Management activity and operationally manage complex and multifaceted cases including providing coaching and risk based advice to Managers & HR Colleagues. To ensure policies & procedures meet business and legislative requirements.
- Support the business to enhance its ER capability through the provision of a visible, timely, customer focused service. Providing effective and appropriate risk based advice and case management strategies
- Lead and develop approx. 3- 4 direct reports to provide technical guidance, act as a point of escalation for complex cases and support personal development. Ensure consistency of approach and evaluate case effectiveness and service provision based on resolution time, the quality of advice provided and adherence to policy using case examples to feedback learning's to the team and the business
- To coach line managers and further develop case management team in effective approaches to improve individual employee performance
- Operate as a point of guidance and consistency for the Case Management Specialists
- Drive service levels and continuous improvement activities with service providers /stakeholders where Case Management process is impacted e.g. Occupational Health provider, Ill Health Retirement
- Promote a learning & sharing environment within the team ensuring and effective and supportive environment
- Adopt a one-team approach and be flexible to respond to workload demands across the whole team to ensure customer service and case volume balancing across the team
- Accountable for Case Management related Policy & Procedure revisions and development
- Lead protected conversations, draft and negotiate Settlement Agreements - including supporting Managers and HR Business Partners in their discussion, determining the merits of each case and the risk to the business; ensuring governance and leavers administration process is followed. Interact with employee representative / legal advisers as required
- Training design & delivery for Case Management Related programmes.
- Provide a consistent legal perspective on Cases key stakeholders, managing their expectations and keeping them informed.
- To lead on managing Employment Tribunal cases, liaising with external and internal legal counsel and business areas.
- HR professional with sound Employee Relations experience gained within a unionised environment
- High level of technical employment law expertise regarding Case Management related matters.
- Experience of leading protected conversations, drafting, validating and negotiating Settlement Agreements
- Experience in coaching line managers to improve employee performance across all policies
- Experience of conducting a range of formal hearings up to and including dismissal and appeal
- Employment Tribunal experience preferred
- Experience of leading best practice and managing change; to appropriately challenge ways of working and influence stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and capability through policy deployment
- Experience of drafting & implementing Policies & Procedures (e.g. .Disciplinary, Grievance, Performance Improvement, Discrimination, Bullying & Harassment, Sickness Absence) that take account of legislative and business requirements and gaining stakeholder buy-in for change
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels to improve service levels and foster a proactive approach to continuous improvement
- Experience of training design & delivery (to up skill the Business in Case Management related policies)
- Team player and role model with the ability to deliver both operationally and strategically, focused on value creation including driving and leading a high performing team
- Clear and confident communicator with commercial acumen; able to appropriately negotiate and influence outcomes
- Pragmatic in approach and focused on timely and consistent delivery
- Experience of lean methodologies, continuous improvement and performance excellence ways of working an advantage but not essential
- Flexible to adjust to changing demands and priorities and with a customer centred / continuous improvement approach
* CIPD qualified
* UK driving Licence
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and reply to this email.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.